Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Is Call of Duty dying?

Don't hate on me, but I really did enjoy Call of Duty: Ghosts, i find it really fun and dynamic, the multiplayer is cool (although glitchy and laggy at the same time) while the campaign was something like from a third party game... Yes, my point is, i liked Ghosts only because of its multiplayer, and I also think that Call of Duty should be a game better optimized for consoles. What do i mean by that? Well, because of balancing! The PC versions of all CoD games have guys hacking and what not.

Now, is this franchise really dying? I would say so... Since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the hater base has increased by 3-4 times from what it had been before. Let me admit, CoD MW3 is my second favourite game in the franchise, first is MW2, but i kind of get it why people started biasing Call of Duty more largely from MW3... We can just conclude that everything started going down the drain after that Infinity Ward break-up in 2010, being followed by the formation of Respawn Entertainment, under the ownership of Electronic Arts, which is widely recognised today as the developer of Titanfall.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare does look like an awesome game, and as far as i know, the graphics in all CoD games have never been downgraded from their E3 or GamesCom form. I believe that this game will be awesome, but not sure how the people will like it, judging by the fact that many hated on Black Ops II because of its futuristic setting... Then again, we have Titanfall, a game that many praised to be the Call of Duty killer, but for me, it turned out to be another great shooter that deserves a sequel that might get that title.

So, where does this leave us? Is Call of Duty dying? Yes. Will it die out soon? No. Many people still play the game, because of its gameplay and features. (WARNING: After this sentence lies a form of personal opinion, so if you don't agree, show it with a nice pack of words. I'm serious.) If you ask me, every video game will die out at some point in time. There will always be new generations of kids that will be buying CoD games every year, because, Call of Duty is still the most popular shooter out there, whether we like it or not.

I gotta go now, my corn is ready to be eaten. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment