Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Best NBA players now and then (and a short story)

I really have a lot of topics to think about now, and since I'm finished with my studying, i'll be writing about my favourite NBA players. Yeah yeah, everyone must think that I'll be writing about LJ now, but I'm not, because, I mean, he is one of the best, but sometimes he really gets on my short fused nerves. KD is my favourite, that dude can dunk anytime, over anyone! Even DeAndre Jordan! He shows a lot of respect towards his fans, and he's not afraid to show love to his family, and devote his play to his mom. Live forever KD! Next up is Westbrook. He makes me laugh a lot and he looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle. Dwyane Wade is cool too! I enjoy watching his video bombs on LJ, Bosh and Chalmers. Chris Paul can embarass any player out there, mostly the taller guys, with his fast crossovers and ankle-breakers and Blake Griffin literally tears the net when he slams the ball into the basket, i think he even takes the orange paint off the rim! I got big respect for DRose and I don't give a shit if this is his second injury in the past 6 months, the guy can play, and he will never back down from an injury, at least I think so. Back to the end of the 80s and beginning of 90s. Vlade Divac was a basketball player from Yugoslavia (Yugoslavia no longer exists, so it's fair to say that he was born in Serbia). From his young age, he dreamt about joining the best club in his country, Partizan. At the time, in the Yugoslavian national team, there was a very skilled player called Drazen Petrovic. Drazen was Croatian. After Divac had joined Partizan, soon he was invited to join he national team. He and Drazen became best buds, they shared their room during every trip, they played scrims together, in the year of 1991, the Yugoslavian national team won the basketball world championship. At that time, Yugoslavia was starting to fall, crisis started to emerge, and Divac didn't want to see a single Croation flag, he wanted for the Serbs and Croats to stay together. As the war was commencing, the national team broke up, and Divac lost contact with his former teammates. Drazen went back to play for the Portland Trail Blazers in the NBA, while Vlade went to LA to join back Magic and the Lakers. It's kind of hard to imagine a relationship broken apart by a war over stupid things. In 1993 (or was it 1992) the Croatian national team was about to have preparation practises in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Drazen decided to go there, from Germany (or was it Austria, can't remember), by car with his girlfriend and his driver. As the morning Sun started to emerge, the driver fell asleep and the car lost control, thus ran into the opposite driveway and hit a truck... It's one of my favourite stories, and you can watch the entire documentary on YouTube (ESPN 30 for 30- Once brothers). It's really sad that two brothers didn't make up before one died... During recess two days ago, a famous basketball player, Nenad Krstic was walking on tne other side of the street... I'm really annoyed that I didn't take a photo with him or request his autograph because I didn't want to disturb him (he was taking his baby daughter for a walk). Anyways dudes, if you read this till the end, you're awesome. Peace.
Vlade and Drazen before a game.
The Yugoslavian team after they won the world championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment